Saturday, July 5, 2008

Antique Show Finds: Ephemera

As is tradition my mother and I attended the Hanson's Grove Open Air Antique Market on July 4th. While we were not able to devour our traditional 9:00am hot dog (they were only serving donuts when we took our nosh break), I was able to find a few inspirational items within my budget. First I will share my antique ephemera treasures which left me brimming with creative ideas!:
I am a sucker for any paper good depicting the sacred heart - this valentine seemed to me a unique and odd usage which put it into my "must have" pile.
Nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a case of the crabs! How darling is this crab themed, fringed Christmas postcard? I may have to do a seafaring theme for my holiday cards this year.

It's about time calling cards were brought back into vogue, so says me. Cam you imagine the swooning if a gentleman caller left this for you? The legend at the top amidst the pink coral reads "Thine for ever".

This itty bitty envelope attached to a scalloped backing really works and has a peek-a-boo window for a teaser of what's inside!

No comments: