From the original instruction pamphlet:
"WHAT IS ZIRIYA?
ZIRIYA is a social fun game of the mind.
ZIRIYA is a silent computer-like MESSAGE BOARD with a MESSAGE POINTER. When the pointer glides around the Board, it points out TELEGRAM-LIKE MESSAGES CONSISTING OF ONE OR SEVERAL KEY-WRODS, LETTERS, NUMBERS AND SYMBOLS. Sometimes full sentences are obtained. The Players and Observers concentrating co-coperatively create a Mental Energy State called the HUMAN BATTERY CIRCUIT, through which ZIRIYA operates. Playing Ziriya refelcts your state of mind and often reveals your own wishful thinking."
- Ziriya loves yelling.
- Ziriya is a verb and a noun.
- Ziriya may be H.A.L. + SKYNET + WOPR combined. (If you, dear reader, get all of those references I, give you a mental energy salute!)
- Ziriya uses our souls for energy.
- Ziriya was most likely invented by H.P. Lovecraft
- Ziriya is self aware.
- Ziriya likes red pistachios.