Monday, June 30, 2008

The Perfect Dress?

Imagine my delight at finding this vintage, handmade beauty in my size! Vintage dresses rarely fit my cornfed, modern body so whenever I find one I squeal, snap it up and spirit it away to my closet where I will sigh over it repeatedly like a lovelorn schoolgirl. This gem may have to make its debut at the annual Hanson's Grove Open Air Antique Show on July 4th!
Look at the darling rick rack embellished collar with a wee bit of girly ruffle detailing!
There are ties at each sleeve and also at the back to ensure a perfect, and adorable bow laden, fit!

There is a flattering band at the waist and two front pockets (with the same detailing as the collar) which can carry a Zune, a peach, or maybe a tattered photograph.

The skirt has a nice fullness to it, perfect for spinning in the middle of a meadow!


No comments: